Morocco – Yoga & Surf
Experience surfing in Morocco with a fun, experienced and professional team. Discover a coastline of surf spots for all levels mirrored in our beginner, intermediate and elite surf lessons and packages.
Six days a week you will get two yoga classes a day, one in the morning and one before dinner.
Explore the Moroccan culture with local people, tasty Moroccan food and stunning scenery. The team is more like a surf family offering surf holidays with a personal edge – you’ll feel right at home, as you relax and unwind in one of the clean and comfortable surf camp accommodations.
Yoga & surf
Practice yoga at sunrise and sunset, learn to surf in clear waters and stay in relaxing accommodation. Eat delicious, healthy and nutritious Moroccan cuisine. Explore a vibrant culture in glorious weather. Spend time with good people and feel like you’re at your best. From the moment you arrive you will be welcomed into the relaxing vibe. The Yoga retreats are designed for all yogis and offer lessons and coaching for all levels of surfers so come and give surfing a try!
About the Yoga
The Surf Yoga Retreats are created with you in mind. Experience revitalizing Vinyasa flow sequences, relaxing Hatha poses and dynamic Ashtanga classes. Fueled by the passion for making people feel at their best, the yoga classes’ compliment the days surf sessions by stretching out worked out arms, lower backs and shoulders. The teachers are experienced, qualified and specifically selected for their uplifting and inspiring approaches to the practice of yoga. Whether you are a yoga teacher looking for an escape in the sunshine, or a total beginner, everyone is welcome to enjoy yoga at Surf Star’s unique and active retreats. The yoga classes take place at one of the roof terraces - the ocean view is spectacular, and the sunsets over the ocean are wonderful. Turn your head and you have views of the beautiful Atlas Mountains.
About the Yoga setting
Berber Morocco offers one of the brightest, friendliest cultures in the world. Locals have created an art out of relaxing with friends, drinking mint tea and living a stress-free life. Add the fun, energizing and laidback surfer’s lifestyle to that mix and you will find yourself in Tamraght and Taghazout in the brand new surf camp, the perfect location for your Surf Yoga Retreat! Yoga classes take place on the rooftop terrace – the spectacular ocean view is instantly calming and as the sun sets the colours of the sky are reflected across the ocean waves. The stunningly beautiful ocean view terrace shows a 180° view over 6 surf spots and the beautiful Atlas Mountains.
Healthy hearty meals
Created by the fantastic local chef Brahim, you are offered delicious Moroccan cuisine. With hearty vegetarian options you have no problem getting all the fuel you need for your surf and yoga sessions. We recognize the need to eat healthy hearty meals when exercising so dinners are served as a buffet each evening on the ocean view terrace after yoga. Enjoy a tasty selection of breakfast plates includes local fresh fruits, yogurts, pancakes and healthy smoothies
Enjoy the reviving foot massage in Rose Water before relaxing for a full body Argan Oil Massage in the local Massage Parlor. Hammams are also available, which increases circulation and exfoliates your skin.
Surf Yoga Retreats include:
- The option of 1 or 2 yoga sessions each day (excludes Saturdays)
- Beautiful Ocean view yoga spaces overlooking the ocean with blocks, straps and mats available anytime you wish to practice
- Daily Surf lessons/guiding for your level, surfboard & wetsuit hire, and transport
- Surf house accommodation with room cleaning and 3 ocean view terraces!
- Daily big breakfasts, tasty lunches, water bottle, fresh fruit and snacks
- 6 Delicious Moroccan dinners per week by the resident Berbere chefs
- Surf photo feedback sessions and photo service available
- Organised social night out and excellent optional extra activities
Accommodation & meals
Morocco offers a prime location for a surf camp with glorious sunshine, sandy beaches and an endless coastline of Surf Spots for all levels. Tamraght, a beautiful Moroccan Berbere Surf village; offers a relaxed atmosphere with beach front cafes and friendly locals. Not far from the famous surf spots Anchor Point, Killer Point and Boilers; Tamraght is just 5 mins from Taghazout town and a 5 minute walk from the most consistent surf spots of the entire area.
The camp services include:
- 3 Beautiful ocean view terraces overlooking 6 of Morocco’s best surf spots
- Spacious Light Rooms with 1, 2, 3 or 4 beds per room
- Private rooms for couples with large doublebeds
- Tasty Big Breakfasts each morning
- Delicious Moroccan dinners served 6 evenings per week
- 3 Free Wifi Internet ports
- Guest Kitchens and TV Chillout Lounge
- 10 minute walk to the beach, restaurants and massage hammam
- 30 mins from Agadir City and Paradise Valley in the Atlas Mountains
You will be in the ultimate moroccan surf camp location! The surf spots Taghazout bay (Crocs), K17, Hash Point, Panoramas, Anchor Point and Killer Point can be seen from your rooftop terrace! Check the surf from the balcony in the mornings, as you enjoy a wholesome breakfast served with delicious fresh coffee, tea, juices/smoothies, fresh local breads, delicious fruits and other tasty Berbere specialities.
Enjoy the brand-new surf house offering fantastic berbere inspired contemporary designs and cosy comfortable beds! We are confident you will enjoy the spectacular ocean views across the coastline of Tamraght and Taghazout. Relax and enjoy the oceanic views from the balcony as the sun sets over the majestic Moroccan surf villages.
The fantastic chefs Brahim serves delicious Moroccan cuisine each night including traditional dishes, healthy salads, plenty of vegetables, couscous, tagines, bbqs, fresh meats/fish and tasty veggie options. Friday nights are left free for you to explore the local restaurants in Taghazout, Tamraght or Agadir city. Brahim’s meals are a real hit with the guests leaving everyone feeling satisfied, happy and full.
The brand new surf house has: air conditioning, a communal surf lounge with surf movies and tv, free wifi Internet, 24/7 team on site, guest kitchens, comfortable and cosy beds, delicious Moroccan cuisine, spacious light rooms, an excellent daily cleaning service, and fun chilled out social evenings (without being too boozy!).
The Camp is based in the traditional, beautiful and friendly Berbere village of Tamraght. Offering a mix of surf camps, local Berbere families and juxtaposed colourful buildings. Just a 15 minute stroke from Taghazouts most consistent surf spots Devils Rock, Banana Point and Taghazout Bay (Crocs) the ocean is never far from view at the most fun and friendliest surf camp Morocco has to offer! Local shops are right around the corner as well as local ocean view cafes and hang-outs.
Preliminary daily schedule:
- 07:30 Morning Yoga Session.
- 08:30 Big Tasty Breakfast with something different each day including a mix of smoothies, juices, fresh fruit, fresh coffee, teas, fresh local breads still warm from the bakery, Berbere local treats, jams and spreads, cereals, pancakes, yogurts and more. Pack your Lunch from the Lunch Buffet offering a nutritious and tasty lunch you can pack in your provided lunch box as a picnic to eat at the beach. Enjoy a variety of salads or sandwiches, fresh fruits, snacks and bottled water
- 09:30 Surfs up! The groups are split between beginner and intermediate lessons, and a surf guiding crew. When you have your equipment, your surf instructors will drive you in search of the perfect waves with good music for the journey! As there are around 20 local surf spots you will explore the local coastline at surf spots near and far. We also do surf trips sometimes across the coast to other surf villages to get you to the best waves! The morning session includes a 2/3hour Surf Lesson with individual and group tuition for those on the Surf Lesson Package.
- 13:30 Break and enjoy a well deserved lunch as you relax under the surf star sun umbrellas.
- 14:30 The surf lessons crew have the afternoon free to keep surfing or to hang out. The group may also move depending always on where the best waves are that day. The surf guiding crew usually head to a different spot or 2 to surf a selection of surf spots.
- 17:30 Return to chill out at the surf camp. Enjoy the ocean view terrace or relax and watch a movie in the surf lounge. Wifi is free and runs throughout the surf house. There is a daily cleaning service for each room.
- 18:30 Sunset Yoga Session on the rooftop terrace overlooking the spectacular views of the ocean and incredible Moroccan sunset.
- 20:30 A delicious Moroccan Dinner is served 6 days per week overlooking the stars and the ocean with views across the Taghazout and Tamraght surf villages. A mixture of mouthwatering cuisine is served from our in-house chefs including fresh vegetables, local meats and seafood, traditional tagines, freshly prepared couscous dishes, BBQs, soups, and sweet deserts always served with fresh mint tea. After dinner enjoy video and photo feedback sessions, chilled social nights and the occasional beach party.
Travel & Facts
Included in the price:
- Accommodation 7 nights
- 12 yoga lessons
- Surflessons and all gear needed
- Full board (except dinner on Friday)
- Bottled water
- Transfer from and to airport/bus station in Agadir
Not included in the price:
- Flight ticket
- Excursions and supplements
Single travellers: Are you traveling alone you will be charged a single supplement. If you finally are sharing the room the supplement will be refunded. You can see the supplements when you click on "Book on request" in the first step before you make any registration.
Travel: Flight to Agadir or Marrakech. Book your own flight, or send us an email and we are happy to help you.
If you are flying to Agadir, you will be picked up at the airport, it's about 40 minutes from the airport to the retreat. If you are flying to Marrakech, take a taxi to the bus station CTM where you take the bus to Agadir where you can be picked up. The bus trip takes 3.5-4 hours and costs ca 10 EUR.
Yoga mats: Yoga mats are in place, but you can also bring your own if you prefer.
Local currency: Dirham (MAD). There is no ATM near the accommodation but you will get a lift to an ATM if needed.
WiFi: Yes, but not always in the room
Special diets: No problem, just tell us when you book
Electricity: 220V, Europlug
Carbon offsetting your air travel is a good way of taking responsiblity for the emissions caused by it. You can easily carbon offset your trip directly with us when you complete your booking, and you will immediately see what it costs. We collaborate with the organisation GoCLimateNeutral and the amount goes to replacing wood and coal stoves for solar-powered fireplaces in the Chinese countryside in an UN-certified climate project that has the Gold Standard certification. If you want to dive deeper into the climate compensation, you can find more info here.