Arrival Day, Sunday: Pick up 15:30 Granada Bus station.
♦ 7:30 Meditation.
♦ 8:00- 09:30 Energizing Yoga Class.
♦ 09:00-10:30 Breakfast.
♦ 10:00-11:00 Gentle Yoga Class.
♦ 11:30-13:30 Free time, Included activity or Workshop.
♦ 14:00-15:00 Lunch or Picnic.
♦ 15:00-18:00 Free time, Included activity or Workshop.
♦ 18:00-19:15 Energizing Yoga Class.
♦ 19:15- 20:15 Yin Yoga or Restorative Yoga Class.
♦ 20:30 Dinner.
Departure day, Friday: Check-out at 12:00
The schedule is flexible. It will adapt to the needs of each group or other local circumstances.
This is a week with a lot of yoga. You will practice a variety of yoga styles with different instructors. Usually a yoga retreat will include one morning class and one afternoon class, but here you will get much more. You will get four yoga classes per day, two energizing and two gentle classes such as Yin yoga. The classes are for all levels and ages.
The instructors can vary depending on which dates you have booked, but the are all well educated and experienced. All props are provided, but you are free to bring your own mat if you have one you love and are used to.
The venue is near the capital of the province of the same name and the wider region holds a number of attractions. From the mystical Alpujarras mountains, to the Sierra Nevada and down to the Costa Tropical centred on Salobreña, a visitor to this province can ski in the morning, have lunch in the city, then sit on the beach in the afternoon. Not a bad claim to fame.
While on your yoga retreat these excursions are included.
- Spend an evening in Granada old town for a night out where you can experience the nightlife of Spain, nibbling tapas and get the chance to see local flamenco dancers.
- Stroll around the Albaycín, exploring the old Muslim quarter opposite the Alhambra and stop at the Arab tea house Abaco Tea for a journey in time with a tea and sweet local pastry, 1400AD style.
- Head up to the Mirador San Nicolás for a spectacular view of the Alhambra and the Sierra Nevada. Visit the Cathedral and Royal Chapel – resting place of the famous Catholic kings Fernando and Isabel.
- Beach trip to the Costa Tropical for the beach.
Included in the price:
- Accommodation 5 nights in double/twin room ensuite shared with the same gender
- Vegetarian full board
- 4 yoga classes per day. 2 energizing and 2 gentle/Yin yoga. For all levels and ages
- 2 yoga workshops
- Beach Day Trip and Picnic to Motril or Salobreña Beach
- Sightseeing Tour to the Granada city center, Albayzin neighborhood, Arab tea/shops, Miradors and Traditional meal
- All transportation for included activities
- Visit to local historic sites
- Pick up from Granada train/bus station
- Transfer from airport to Granada train/bus station
Single room: Single room might be possible depending on availibility. You can see the supplements when you click on "Book on request" in the first step before you make any registration
Single travellers: Basically we try to place single travellers in shared twin room (same gender) if desired and possible, but if there is no one to share with you will be charged single supplement..
Travel: Flight to Granada or Malaga.
Flights can be booked by yourself, or send us an email and we are happy to help you. Our booking fee is 30 EUR per person.
Do not book your flight before you have received information from us that the minimum number of participants is attained.
Transfer: Transfer from Granada bus station is included. Both buses and trains to Granada leave Malaga city for Granada regularly throughout the day and you can be picked up at the bus/train station in Granada.
Private taxi from Malaga airport is ca 150 EUR one way.
It takes appr.1 hour by car to to the retreat from Malaga, and ca 2 hours by bus depending on route and timetable.
An alternative could be to rent a car at the airport which is quite unexpensive in Spain.
Pool: Yes. Not heated more than by the sun.
Yoga equipment: Yoga mats and other yoga equipment is available but you are welcome to bring your own mat.
Other activities: We believe the activities included in the program is enough for most people. The village where the retreat is located is very quiet and without cafés. It is ca 5 km to a larger village
Special diets: No problem, let us know when you book.
Number of participants: Minimum number 8 persons, maximum number 25 persons.
Age limit: No children.
Credit cards: The retreat accept credit cards. But we recommend you to bring a few euros in cash for local expenses during the excursions.
Electricity: 220 V, Europlug
Carbon offsetting your air travel is a good way of taking responsiblity for the emissions caused by it. You can easily carbon offset your trip directly with us when you complete your booking, and you will immediately see what it costs. We collaborate with the organisation GoCLimateNeutral and the amount goes to replacing wood and coal stoves for solar-powered fireplaces in the Chinese countryside in an UN-certified climate project that has the Gold Standard certification. If you want to dive deeper into the climate compensation, you can find more info here.