India, Rishikesh – Incredible India Yoga Retreat
Learn, Discover, and Relax – A Yoga Lifestyle Retreat
At the foothills of the Himalayas, the yoga centre of the world, Rishikesh. A place to look in and experience the numerous benefits of yoga and meditation. Join us for our next Incredible India Yogic Lifestyle Retreat.
This retreat will create peace, harmony, freedom and happiness so that you can enjoy life more!
Are you ready to be your best?
Workshops on yoga philosophy, history, and techniques, excursions to famous spiritual locations, time to relax and restore in the stunning landscape of the Himalayas with traditional Ayurvedic massage and delicious nourishing satvic food.
Every part of the retreat has been hand-picked and personally arranged to ensure your comfort and enjoyment.
Featuring daily empowering pranayama and uplifting yoga asana practice. Learn yoga history, philosophy and techniques and discover some of India’s famous locations. Relax and restore in the stunning landscape with traditional Ayurvedic massage and delicious nourishing Ayurvedic food. This is all you need and more.
The trip includes a special visit to the hidden Beatles ashram (Maharishi Mahesh Yogi beautifully preserved ashram located in the Rajaji Tiger Reserve where the Beatles wrote the White Album).
Yoga philosophy – the thoughts and ideas behind the yoga postures.
Yoga history – how yoga has developed over the many years to what it is today.
Techniques – learn alignment of the most common yoga postures.
Ayurveda – with one of Rishikesh’s well-respected doctors. In this workshop you will learn how to maintain balance and live life to the full from an ayurvedic perspective.
Mauna, mantra and agni hotra – what it is, its benefits and why to bring it into a regular practice.
Authentic Indian cooking workshop with Indian chefs
- Visit to the famous Beatles ashram: The Beatles visited Rishikesh in 1968 for meditation. After this visit Rishikesh suddenly came into the limelight throughout the world. The Beatles came here to learn transcendental meditation at Maharishi Mahesh Yogi’s Ashram.
- Visit to Kunjapuri temple: With picnic breakfast on the hills. This is one of the must-visit places of the Tehri district not just because of its story related to gods and goddesses but also for the panoramic view of Garhwal Himalayan peaks like Swarga Rohini, Gangotri, Banderpunch and Chaukhamba to the north and Rishikesh.
- Visit to Vashistha Cave in Rishikesh: Vashistha cave is the cave of great sage Vashistha. This cave is located 25 km from Rishikesh and it is believed that Vashistha Rishi meditated here. This cave is a beautiful place for meditation.
|06.00 - 07.45||Morning yoga class including philosophy, asana, pranayama, relaxation and meditation|
|08.00 - 08.30||Agni Hotra / Fire Puja|
|09.15 - 12.15||Workshops and excursions (this is also when you can schedule your free massage at the spa)|
|12.30 - 13.00||Lunch|
|13.00 - 16.00||Library open and free time|
|16.00 - 17.45||Afternoon yoga classes or workshops|
|18.00 - 19.00||Dinner|
|19.00 - 20.00||Kirtan and transformative experiences|
|21.00||Lights out and silent time|
In the retreat centre we value the individual as well as the community and we make space for those two aspects both to work well. Learning to be with yourself allows you to be safe, confident and comfortable in the space of others. From this, a new aspect of yourself shines forth. During the day there is plenty of space and time for us to connect. In the evenings and early mornings we observe silence. Utilise this valuable time for yourself.
The money we will spend on booking and staying at the retreat centre goes towards supporting these beautiful smiles… Sansar Gyaan Pathshala meaning ‘World Knowledge Lessons’ is the name given to the free school providing education for over two hundred and fifty underserved children in rural Uttar Pradesh, India. Sansar Gyaan Pathshala was founded in 2013 by Yogrishi Vishvketu and Helping Hands for India.Helping Hands for India is a charitable organisation managed by a dedicated team of volunteers who have an interest in helping people with less fortunate circumstances to better their lives. Helping Hands for India is a non-denominational group, supported by the Anand Prakash Ashram in Rishikesh, India, committed to providing educational opportunities and promoting the well-being of children in India.
We will be staying in the soothing and comforting space of the Akhanda Yoga founder's (our teacher's) ashram that lies hidden in the narrow streets of Tapovan, a village area on the outskirts of busy Rishikesh. Here we are tucked into a world that offers a secure and inspiring environment to delve into the depth of Yoga and Meditation.
The rooms are clean and simple, kept in a pure Sattvic style to soothe your stay. Each of the rooms is laid out for 2 people to share with en-suite bathrooms attached. Private en-suite rooms are also available for guests that would like a single occupancy room. Ashram life welcomes the essence of community and living to share.
A waft of freshly baked traditional Indian flatbread spreads across the Ashram as the kitchen staff gets ready to serve you a delicious nourishing meal, cooked with organic local ingredients. In an instant, there’s a feeling of home and belonging.
Three Sattvic Vegan meals will be served in the Ashram, cooked in a well equipped and clean kitchen by our favourite chefs. They will ensure you get full power for the daily adventures.
If you have special meal preference or allergies, just let us know – everything is possible, and we cater with a smile for you!
Now back in Europe after one year of teaching with the internationally renowned Yoga
teacher Yogrishi Vishvketu in his ashram in Rishikesh.
Malene Vedel is a compassionate yoga teacher with a professional attitude to her teachings
Yoga and Meditation are her life. From her eyes shine forth a love and interest for the
practice. Her work, teachings and writings show a deep and consistent dedication. In her
voice you will be sure to feel inspired by her humbleness, gratitude and joy. It is with a deep
respect to her teachers that she shares with us her vast knowledge and understanding of the
teachings of Yoga.
There is no question that Malene is the kind of person who follows her heart, and trusts it to
take her forward on the path. To find such a passionate Yogini with a lot of practical
experience behind her is a rare encounter.
Malene has a strong foundation in Akhanda Yoga with more than 600 hours of training
behind her. Her approach is light-hearted, warm and welcoming. With a natural openness,
compassion and empowering smile she finds your stamina, confidence and trust
bringing them forth for you to use, hold and be. Her emphasis on weightlessness and
smoothness with strength makes you want to keep practising.
- MISSION -
“My aim is to give you your freedom, your all pervasive joy and strength for you to use. Yoga
is the tool to learn about yourself. You become independent, free to choose life, love and
laughter at all times.
Yoga includes all, removes labels and distinctions, barriers and limits. Leaving you free in the
essence of your true nature.
Together we can make this world a better place, I have no doubt”
- QUALIFICATIONS -
- Akhanda Yoga teacher training 200 hours RYS
- Akhanda Advanced Yoga teacher training 300 hours RYS
- Pranayama course, RYS
- Five Element course, RYS
- Five Kosha Course, RYS
- Akhanda Yoga Festival, RYS
- Yoga Philosophy course with George and Brenda Feuerstein, 800 hours
- Yoga for trauma and stress
- (With Ahimsa (Helen Cushing) at the Satyananda Yoga Centre London)
- Suicide Prevention Training
- Mentor Training Course
- Mindfulness Course
- Meditation Course, Swami Rama
Will focuses on creating expansive joy, wholesome breaths and uplifting movements to
centre us into a deep acceptance of the flow of life. He empowers his clients to build
strength, willpower and stability. With his knowledge and interest in pranayama (guiding the
breath) he leads a practice that will nourish and amaze you.
Will’s devotion and dedication to the Yoga practice vibrates through his voice. His presence
in every moment creates feelings of openness, care and comfort. One year of intense
sadhana with his yoga master in India has helped him to reach high levels of joy, clarity,
knowledge and wisdom. This we can now all receive and take part in with his return to
He is a passionate trekker, skier, climber and creative cook with an eye for natural beauty, a
taste for purity. He holds the secret to perfect simplicity. There is a special energy around
him that makes all feel calm, worthy and whole.
Will has developed impressive skills in traditional yogic kriyas (cleansing techniques). His
regular performance of jal neti, sutra neti, kunjal kriya, and shank prakshalana has led him to
perspectives and practical knowledge to share with us all.
- MISSION -
“Breath is the key. Breath is the most powerful healing tool we have available to us. Through
yoga we can learn to harness its power.
Deep happy breath activates the parasympathetic nervous system bringing a sense of ease
and clarity. Yoga will unite you with that breath.”
- QUALIFICATIONS -
- Akhanda Yoga teacher training 200 hour RYS
- Studying the science of Yoga and Ayurveda. Practising asana, pranayama and kriya
- techniques. Developing an understanding of anatomy as well as diving into the vast yoga
- Akhanda Yoga teacher training 300 hour RYS
- Learning the art of sequencing, language use, creating a transformational space, and
- designing different class styles using the holistic Akhanda approach. (Intermediate,
- advanced, restorative, prenatal, Hatha raj, classical kundalini)
- Five Element course, 42.5 RYS
- Studying the elements and their relation to our physical body
- Five Kosha Course, 42.5 RYS
- Gaining an understanding and experience of the body, mind and space
- Akhanda Yoga Festival/Conference, 42.5 RYS
- Studying and learning with Akhanda Yoga teachers from around the world
- Yoga for trauma and stress
- With Ahimsa (Helen Cushing) at the Satyananda Yoga Centre London
- Meditation and its practice
- Sadhana Mandir (Swami Rama) India
Rishikesh is often called the capital of Yoga. Why is not that hard to understand when you come here. The whole city (divided by the river Ganges) cries of temples and ashrams. Most people who visit the city do so to visit any of the temples and to go courses at any of the city's Sadhus.
The town is a whirlwind of narrow alleys and temples and its surroundings are amazing. The green is prickly and Ganges cold water is almost entirely pure and turquoise green. Rishikesh is located in a valley on the border to the Himalayas.
Rishikesh consists of three areas, Rishikesh city and the villages Ram Jhula and Lakshman Jhula. Most travelers choose to stay in some of the villages, as this is where most yoga centers are located.
Travel & facts
This Retreat Includes:
- Airport pick-up
- Transport to Rishikesh
- 9 nights at the retreat centre
- Guided daily morning meditation sessions
- Daily yoga classes with Will Fisher and Malene Vedel (International Yoga Teachers)
- 4 Specialised Yoga Workshops
- Daily Traditional Vedic Fire Ceremonies
- Delicious vegan ayurvedic food with locally sourced food. Organic grains and pulses sourced from the ashrams charity farm/school
- Yoga Techniques Classes
- Free one-hour Ayurvedic Massage
- Authentic Indian Cooking Workshop with Indian Chefs
- Closing the retreat dinner in one of Rishikesh’s Best Restaurants
- Excursions to 3 awesome yoga locations
- Flight ticket
Single room: Can be booked depending on availibility at a surcharge which you will see when you click on "Book on request" but before any registration.
Travel: Flights are not included in the price. This retreat begins in Dehradun where we will be picking you up from the airport on Friday 14th September 2018 and finishes Sunday morning 23rd 2018 at the ashram. Because you may wish to extend your stay following the retreat and to enable you to have the opportunity of continuing your travels in India our price does not include the return transfer to Dehradun. However, we are very happy to arrange for you any return transport you need either to the airport or elsewhere in India.
Internal flights from Delhi to Dehradun are cheap, easy and comfortable with www.goindigo.in.
Flights can be booked online here, or send us an email and we are happy to help you (our booking fee is 30 EUR).
Yoga props: You can borrow mats and other props on spot, but of course you are welcome to bring your own mat.
Special diet: Tell us when you book if you need any sepcial diet.
Currency: Indiska Rupees (INR). 1 EUR = ca 80 INR